Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Conversation of the Heart

A Conversation of the Heart


I ask you what your heart consists of…
I immediately see myself being taken up into the sky and placed at your side
With delight you show me the beautiful wonders of the world:
The Himalayas, the Alps, the tropics, Mount Kilimanjaro, Victoria Falls, the Eifel Tower,
You see that my face is filled with delight, and awe, but you say “That is not even the best part,”
You begin to show me that these extravagant places are surrounded by people.
You point out a mother and child laughing together in their front yard, you show me a man painting a masterpiece in his gallery in Italy.
You show me newlyweds kissing underneath a tree in South Korea.
You show me a boy in Germany smiling over a satisfactory grade on an exam
You show me a grandmother being told that she no longer has breast cancer
Your face shows cheer just like each person you reveal to me…
However, your eyes begin to tear when you show me what is next,
A sister and brother, barely clothed, in Zimbabwe cuddled next to each other during a rain storm
You show me a leper in India, sitting alone in a dark, filthy room
You show me a mother who just found out her new baby boy will not make it through the next day
You show me a teenage girl standing in front of a mirror in tears, for she’s not a virgin anymore
You show me a recent prisoner in China; for his only fault was revealing who You are
You tell me, “For I have come to give life, and life to its fullest, I am the way the truth and the life, now go and tell the world, my heart, that I have life for them, eternal life.”

-God what can I give to your world?
You can give them me!
-How do I do that?
By following my lead! Trust me!

-God use me!
I am! I will! I have!
-God forgive me for straying away from you and your will
I forgive you, and I love you!
-I hold on to your words God, for they are indescribable and peaceful
I adore you!
-I love you God!
You fill me with delight, and awe!
-I am not worthy of your love!
You are my love!
-You are love!
I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment